The EWTO (European WingTsun Organisation) was established more than 37 years ago. The organisation came to Cyprus in 2012, known as ‘EWTO Cyprus’ under the leadership of the newly-appointed National Chief Instructor, Alexander Olich.
EWTO Cyprus was established with high quality standards franchised from the German Mother Organisation, which boasts more than 60,000 students and 2,000 schools. Its aims is to offer the people of Cyprus, regardless of age and gender, a holistic and preventative Teaching Concept for SAFETY and HEALTH, all based on the ancient Chinese Martial Art, “WingTsun”.
Grandmaster Kernspecht visited Cyprus in 2012 on the invitation of Alexander Olich, where he trained the Cyprus Special Forces
He also gave a 20 minute live presentation on national Cypriot television broadcaster, RIK 1, where a wide range of the EWTO programmes were presented to Cypriot audiences. Following his visit, Kernspecht appointed his private student, Olich, as the National Chief Instructor of EWTO Cyprus.
The aim of the National Chief Instructor is to promote EWTO WingTsun and its branches all over the island of Cyprus. As a result, classes are planned for all other major cities and regions of Cyprus. SiFu Olich has also introduced special ‘Train the Trainer’ classes, which run in parallel to the regular student classes – the aim of these are to train a new generation of instructors.
As such EWTO Cyprus is not just a school, but a cumulation of all schools to form the EWTO Cyprus Martial Art & Self-Defence Organisation. Its purpose is to promote EWTO WT and train future instructors who will be opening their own schools all around Cyprus, following the successful model of the EWTO Mother Organisation.
The aim and target of the National Chief Instructor is to promote EWTO WingTsun and its branches all over the island of Cyprus. Therefore further classes are planned for all other major cities and regions of Cyprus. SiFu Olich has also introduced special ‘Train the Trainer’ classes which are currently preparing a new generation of instructors.
As such the EWTO CYPRUS is not just a single school, but a number of schools that form the EWTO CYPRUS Martial Art & Self-Defence Organization. Its purpose is to promote EWTO WT and train future instructors who will soon be opening their own schools all around the island, following the successful model of the EWTO Mother Organization.
- We provide more services than we ask people to pay for
- We engage in no transaction, intentionally, that does not benefit all whom it affects
- We make no statements that we do not believe to be true
- We have a sincere desire to be of useful service to the greatest number of people possible (men, women, children and seniors)
- We like people better than we like money
- We do our best to live as well as to teach our own philosophy of health and safety
- We accept no favours from anyone without giving favours in return
- We ask nothing of any person without having a right to do that for which we ask
- We enter into no arguments with people over trivial matters
- We spread the sunshine of optimism and good cheer wherever and whenever we can
- We never flatter people for the purpose of obtaining their confidence
- We sell services related to teaching and provide advice to other people at a fair price, but never offer free services
- While teaching others how to enhance their health and safety, we have demonstrated that we can make our philosophy work for ourselves as well, thus “practicing , what we preach”
- We thoroughly believe in the work which we are engaged in that our enthusiasm over it becomes contagious and others are influenced by it